100 Years Ago in Whitehall 1886

In July Father Ethier’s band cleared $50 at an open air concert. This second concert of the summer finished enough money to pay for the erection of their bandstand and to buy some music. This was before the 1892 bandstand was erected on the east side of the canal and the church edifice was near the corner of Saunders Street and now Broadway.

 Doris B. Morton, Town Historian – The Whitehall Times – July 24, 1986

This entry was posted in Bands and Bandstands, Doris B Morton and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.